Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Truly Mexican Mironovs

Today I made my first, complete mexican meal from scratch! (I finally made the poached chicken that went with the Holy Mole I spent 4 hours on last week.) Plus mexican rice, black beans and seriously spicy tomatillo salsa. umm... yum!!! 

I was so blessed to share the meal with an amazing friend, Krista, who had made me enchiladas when my arm was in a sling after surgery last year. Why is it so neat to share food and to break bread together? Is it because we like to catch up on old times and long, lost friends? Or is it because we like to do something, create something that both of us can appreciate and savor together? 
Anyway, I like it!

And, as a side note, it's very interesting to see the kinds of creatures your children bring into the house when you're not looking cause...you're cooking! ; ) That's Olesya and Gary the snail, and we did NOT eat him for dinner, because that would be FRENCH and we had MEXICAN!

Krista, thanks for the super date night and for making yummy chocolate, chocolate chip cookies for dessert! Yum!!!


Authentic Mexican cooking from Truly Mexican, (aka FONDA cookbook)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment